Operating income during the second quarter amounted to SEK 11 M, an improvement of SEK 10 M, compared to the year-earlier period. In total all business areas developed better than the market. The reorientation efforts relating to Polarn O. Pyret continued to deliver positive results. The challenges for Departments & Stores moderated during the second quarter. Brothers performed in line with the previous year.
SECOND QUARTER, DECEMBER 1, 2016 – FEBRUARY 28, 2017 IN SUMMARY
- Sales in comparable stores in Sweden increased during the quarter by 0.6 percent, which was a better developmentcompared to the market’s decrease of 2.4 percent.
- Net sales totaled SEK 590 M (573), an increase of 3.1 percent.
- Operating income increased to SEK 11 M (1).
- Operating income before amortization for the latest 12-month period totaled SEK 116 M (86).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK –3 M (–5), which corresponds to SEK –0.08 (–0.14) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 26 M (20)
THE PERIOD, SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 – FEBRUARY 28, 2017 IN SUMMARY
- Sales in comparable stores in Sweden decreased during the period by 0.4 percent.
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,175 M (1,129), equivalent to an increase of 4.0 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 57 M (30).
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK 55 M (26).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 55 M (26), which corresponds to SEK 1.63 (0.76) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 63 M (36).